The green movement is slowly making its way into homes all over the world. People are recycling, buying organic, and swapping their cars for bikes to do their part in preserving the planet. Some people are even taking it a step further by growing their own food and, yes, even raising their own chickens! It may seem like a pretty bold lifestyle choice- but I believe that in time, this may catch on... and here are some reasons why (from backyardchickens.com):
- Easy and inexpensive to maintain (when compared to most other pets)
- Eggs that are fresh, great-tasting & nutritious
- Chemical-free bug and weed control
- Manufacture the worlds best fertilizer
- Fun & friendly pets with personality (yes, you read that right)
Landscape architect, Andreas, designed a modern, easy and highly functional chicken coop for the urban family who wants to embrace this lifestyle. You can check out his story and product at chickencribs.com.