We've got a few freebies today- Mother's Day cards I've designed for you to print and personalize yourselves. Moms always appreciate something handmade- so heres an easy way for you to give her just what she wants! Use this 5"x7" card template (DESIGN 1: DOWNLOAD HERE, DESIGN 2: DOWNLOAD HERE), print it out and personalize with your own thumbprint! Enjoy :)
DOILY BOWL (by Jane Chouten)
-interesting pieces of paper
-anything else you want to sew on the bowl
-a large bowl to use as a template
-PAVERPOL (online here) or a similar fabric hardener.
1. “Mend” the doily with masking tape and paper (add tape and paper where you like)
2. Stitch the paper (machine stitching is easiest) and masking tape to the doily
3. Sew on everything else (an extra paper, fabric, etc.) making sure both sides look interesting
4. Add some embroidery and a few buttons.
5. Cover the template bowl with plastic foil to protect it, then lay the doily over it.
6. Apply a layer of Paverpol with the paint brush. Correct the bowl form and let it dry for at least a day.
7. When dry, remove the doily bowl from the template bowl and apply a layer of Paverpol on the inside. Dry again for a few days or until the bowl is hard enough.