Bakerella had loads of sweet inspiration- and these cookies in particular caught my eye! She calls them her Coraline Cookies that look like little button eyes! She provides a wonderful peanut-butter cookie recipe- but I'm sure you could use any dough you would like. So here's the step-by-step to creating your very own!
1. Roll your cookie dough into small balls. They should fit right inside the top of a bottle cap.
2. Use the same bottle cap to press the cookies down forming a raised outer edge.
3. Use a straw and poke four holes in the center of each cookie. Bake in three batches of fifteen cookies. Keep the remaining dough refrigerated until ready to bake.
4. Now you're buttons are done!
5. Grab a button and dip the top in some of the melted chocolate. Lift and holding over the bowl, shake quickly from left to right to knock off any excess. When you look at the coated side, the chocolate will look kind of clumpy. To smooth it out, turn the button right side up and swirl your hand in a circular motion. The coating will even out smoothly.
6. And you’ll end up with a bunch of cute chocolate-covered buttons.